Sunday, July 30, 2006

Flaarida Trip!







Well we just got back to Texas from being on the road for about 3 weeks. We have driven cross county, swam with sharks, listened to Beatles and flipped off tubes. It was great fun. While in florida we had a very relaxing time and totally forgot what our new place in Texas looked like. Now that we are back I am glad we forgot, it is a little small and cave like. We layed like broccoli and baked like Honey Ham. We lost Carleton's wedding ring, but luckily after an hour of sifting through the sand like we were panning for gold, I found it. Boy did I get the treatment that night!!!! and milked it for all it was worth. We listened to my Uncle John and his band The Fab Three. They play all Beatles music and are very good. We didn't know too many songs to sing along with, but knew of the songs that they played. I guess next time we go there we better bring some Beatles CD on the 20 hour drive with us. One day we went to Ft. Myers to see one of Keil's frend and played some volleyball. Let's just say not only is it hot there, I think you can rust faster in the salt air, because it was a very ugly game we played. Carleton got to look at eye candy, a few thongs only on old rears and luckily no speedos! Bybee said that might have been the first time he had been to that beach and didn't see one. Of course we were a little disappointed.
When we left Florisa, we headed to Houston or Conroe rather to see Carleton's parents. It was nice to get to see them and then know we were going to see them in just a few weeks. We
purchesed a tube for behind the boat and had a blast. Even though we weren't teenagers any more, we all thought we would be able to do what we used to. We even got Steve out behind the boat. He couldn't even get on the first time and we had to pull the boat next to the tube so hecould jump on that way. Danielle then took him in a circle,not intentionally of course, and threw him outside the wake. He went one way the tube went the other and we all never laughed as hard.
We are now back in Texas and I have started my job already. Think it will be fine. Have a bunch of young teachers, which will give me someone to hang with when I am not teaching. Pretty laid back place, which is nice, but I wish I new a little more about the details of the year. I am not exactly sure what grade I am teaching yet, and have no clue what I am coaching.
We are house hunting and job hunting for Carleton. He is getting restless, so hopefully the job search will pick up this week and get him out of the cave. When I get home, it is like he has been in Ash Grove all day, he just talks my ear off and has so much energy.
Hope all is well in spfd.
--Kasie

1 Comments:

Blogger Tysha said...

Looks like you two had a wonderful time!

Personally love the photo of you & Captain Carleton!

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home